Originally Posted By: sslechta
Check this out Pat, speaking of loops.... My first Sound Sampler for the Amiga, circa 1990.... I was also using Dr. T.'s KCS MIDI Sequencer and in years shortly after discovered Cool Edit Pro (now Adobe Audition). I was a late bloomer to BIAB but had my first experience with it in the mid '90s with a Music Theory class in college.

I remember in the early days of computing, the Amiga was a superior product that never got the foothold in the USA that it had in Europe. It was an interesting time when different platforms fought for market share. Microsoft's alignment with IBM pushed it over the top, when people like me decided it made more sense to learn the operating system we'd probably end up using at work... and PCs surged ahead of Amiga and Apple in sales, even though both of those were superior products.

And your post about the Perfect Sound Board reminded me of the first product I bought in my search for better MIDI output. It was a Roland Sound Canvas daughter board, which attached to some of the early Sound Blaster cards that were mainly for games, not music production. The daughter board had great sounds, and I used it until the Sound Blaster croaked. After which, I bought a Roland XV-3080 rack unit, which I still have... along with a bunch of expansion boards