Just a final thought on this.

If anyone really, really wanted the Roland GM/GS sounds contained in SW SC VA (aka the 88 pro, 8820, 8850'ish sounds) go to eBay, Reverb, Craigs list, yard sales, or pawn shops and find a SC-8820 for about the same price $125 or LESS! or get an easier to use SC-8850 (it was a front panel for sound selection and programming) for about $100 more (and if lucky close to $125) - you might just want that front panel convenience. Or a newer Roland SD-50 module it at least has an organic Win 7 driver so it might work under Win 10 as well if not than like Fantom XR it is probably easily hackable for Win 10 use. I don't want to get into the Ketron GM versus Roland GM discussion - different sounds of mostly same things but built for different users and purposes.

MIDI hardware will NOT be subject to any 32/64-bit issues, GUI issues, and other SW quirks - and as long as you have a 5 PIN MIDI I/O of any kind (yes USB on PC side to 5 pin MIDI I/O is fine) you are ready to "rock."

Truth be told there is one hardware "quirk" - that nagging need for 5-pin MIDI under Win 10 or even Win 7 (unless you are a geek who has hacked your way to a working serial (RS-232) or USB interfaces). There hasn't been a Roland USB driver for these since Windows 98 nor a serial driver since Windows XP (a little hacking I got serial to work in Win 7 - I'm still working on one for Win 10).

Also if you look around you can still find the GS Advanced Editor 4 (and it does work under Win 10) for these units .

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20