Hi, I installed Kontakt 6. I could not find the .DLLs in the usual spot. There was the Kontakt 6 stand alone EXE on my Desktop but no DLLs. Normally in my case Native Instruments VSTs are under C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins (note in my case) but they were not there. They were not in any of my other usual places. I looked and found the DLLs under C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit . Added the path to Reaper and also Sonar and Kontakt 6 is now available in both DAWs.

As has been said some products don’t always install where you might think. In the past and all my other Native Instruments VSTs are under Cakewalk.

Why not simply move the DLLs I hear you ask. Looking at comments in Native Instrument sites moving the DLLs might create issues with updates. Once you have the correct paths to the DLLs set in the DAW it will find them.

Just a thought and showing the need to look.

Tony

Last edited by Teunis; 10/18/18 09:20 PM.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1