Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow, I'd have never thunk blues would sound so good with a rhumba beat smile Love the slow, smooth groove to this. It has a smoky quality, and the vocals are top notch. Thanks for sharing!

Blues with a rhumba beat has been around for a while, I didn't invent it unfortunately wink

What prompted me to do the song in the first place was a post in one of the other forums with someone asking for more blues styles, and one of the styles he was looking for was a rhumba style blues.

It's true that pgmusic doesn't have a style specifically for rhumba style blues, but a "style" is just a collection of realtracks. So I thought it would be a fun exercise to make one, and I think it probably took me less than 10 minutes to come up with something that I thought sounded pretty good. In fact I liked it so much I thought I would develop it into a full blown song.

If I have time I might do up a quick article for the tips and tricks forum about the workflow I used, it's basically what I use for all of our songs (I almost never use a "style" right out of the box (bad pun there :P)

Thanks for the listen and comment, Deryk!