Hi fellows. Every day I try to find some time to read some posts on this forum. Some stuff is great and very informative.

What I can not find is this...

There is a showcase of songs, here is a songwriting thread. Is there one which deals with critique of specific songs/tunes??

Let me explain. I am not a professional musician in any way, music is strictly a hobby and joy for me. But I do want to get better at it. Some musicians are very protective of their stuff and take suggestions or opinions that might not seem positive to them very painfully. To me, and I am sure to quite a few people, healthy critique might be very beneficial. For example, it could work like a "showcase" thread but only for suggestions/critique. Sort of song making 101 (or 501). Meaning, post would have to contain song! No "songless" posts! For those who feel that there might be something they can take from suggestions, not just "showcasing" music.

For example, I listen to the track of a fellow member and I just feel that bass would feel better if it was quieter ... So I say it . Or vocals are too dry, say it....Basically specific thread for those who want a critical, but respectful ear. Not specifically professional smile just "how it feels".

P.S. Showcase is ok, but comments are 99% sweet and positive, not much critique there.

Let me know what you think about it.

Thanks,
Mike.