Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Nice work on this smile The vocaloid sounds really crisp, and I like the progressions as well. The stripped down nature of the tune worked really well. A great groove, and nicely catchy as well. Thanks for sharing!

Hi Deryk -PG Music
The song is originally; "Imagine" by John Lennon, which I saved in all 12 keys. Then Played the Notes A-B-D-F#-G through the whole song. Check To World.MGX

From the Keys C:D:E:G:A:B ---- I chose the best offset chords that played well with my added A-B-D-F#-G notes. I really went over board with chord substitution theory.

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Not at all what I was expecting to hear. This carried me away. Beautiful work.

The vocal processing was an effective and artful production choice even if it was an improv. I could definitely hear this as an S&G album cut.

Loved it.

Thanks Tangmo so much, I appreciate your support!

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
I like the melody and spare arrangement.
Using the vocaloid is an interesting way to demo your ideas.
I could hear it working as an effect on the chorus if you rework the song... which to my ears is strong enough to deserve a more real sounding vocal.

Robert

Thanks Robert for your comment. I Find listening to this song on a stereo is so much better. My room is so noisy now, and my phone tablet mic is very low fidelity. I left an original BackTrack and source To World.MGX... which can be sung in any key... if someone wants to try some vocals on it. Link below @ Creative Commons: Tethered 2018

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Interesting experiment. The vocoder is pretty lo-fi. I suspect that you'd get a better effect layering it with the unprocessed vocals, for a "best to both worlds" result.

I couldn't agree with you more dcuny, unfortunately the Voloco app doesn't leave a clean version of the vocals or a project to save.