It's the person and not the theory. A person whom has limited themselves in only one genre, whether it be classical, country, rock, etc limits their musical knowledge.

For example, I am wearing a guitar t-shirt while getting fitted for new glasses one day. The lady fitting me went on about how she plays violin in a classical orchestra as well as string ensembles and such and has done so for many years. She wants to start to improvise as she has never done it before. When I told her the golden rule of improv, that is if you land on a wrong note just move up or down a semi-tone and you will be golden, she was flabbergasted. She had never heard of that before. She only had played the music that was in front of her. She never had jammed before.

My point is that is not classical training or theory's fault. She just never ventured outside the realm of her chosen music. YMMV

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware