I’ve freed up some space on Soundcloud and I think that I’ll be using it for future posts on this forum, it seems to be the smoother choice and BIAB radio is connected to it.
I like Bandcamp but it sometimes nags or prevents free replays of songs.
Bandcamp has a stats page that tells you if your song was played end to end or partially. 30 to 40 % of mine were partial plays, that’s alright, it probably was repeating something from earlier in the song and maybe you had to take the cat out or walk yer elephant or something anyway. My point to all this is, I have a quick fade out on this song and it’s an attempt to hide the ghastly clam of a converted midi file Bass note that decided to abruptly cut off. I converted to a wav file when extracting it into my DAW.
I know that flex tool in Logic Pro should be able to stretch this note and do the same for the converted piano chord. I had already done my EQing of bass and drums and found a nice amp and tuned it in for my guitar soloist when I discovered the ending, so sue me. BIAB does so much of the work for us, but I consider my mixes to be a nice homemade demo that a professional could work with or start all over with.
Everything is in service of the song, if your song is good then anyone should know that’s it’s good even if presented with only your voice and one instrument.
If you’ve made it thru all this then I have the highest respect for you and it’s totally alright to criticize my mixes or how much reverb and delay are on the vocals or why I can’t keep my voice from distorting and cracking. Have a great weekend and thanks for listening.

[Link no longer valid]

Evangeline
© 2018 Kenny Leverett

Red eye flight from shaky town
Tonight I’m finally homeward bound
From Hollywood’s political scenes
Of bleeding hearts in limousines
It ain’t everything that it’s cracked up to be

I can never sleep when we leave the ground
I just need to move around
Shuffle thru all the magazines
And try not to make a scene
It ain’t everything that it’s cracked up to be
And it ain’t you and me

When I get back home to Evangeline
Where I can be a simple man
With my simple dreams
Making love in the morning light
I know that I’ll sleep better at night
And everything in the world will be alright

One day I’ll leave this circus town
And keep my feet on solid ground
And life will be everything
That we’ve dreamed it’d be
For you and me

Where I can be a simple man
With my simple dreams
Making love in the morning light
I know that I’ll sleep better at night
And everything in the world will be alright

Midi Fender Bass
Midi Acoustic Piano
RT Nashville Even 8 Drums
RT 406 Acoustic Strumming Guitar
RT 2934 Acoustic Folky Sync 8ths Guitar
RT 2035 Mandolin Soloist
RT 1260 Electric Guitar Soloist

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 08/26/20 02:30 PM.