This is terrific! It overflows with 'happy' energy. I found everything about this very entertaining to the point that I was mesmermised. When the clip ended, I found myself wishing there was more.
Like yourself (and others), I thought the ending let the journey down a little bit. While it's functional, I think that there's probably a better ending out there somewhere just waiting to be discovered.
As an alternative option to the fade out, an ending that I'd try is...
1. leave the mandolin and let it end as is
2. freeze the mandolin track
3. enter into Song Settings and de-activate the 2-bar ending
4. extend the song for 4-6 bars past the bar that contains the mandolin ending
5. put a "Hold all instruments" chord (i.e. X...) either 1 or 1.5 bars later than the bar that contains the mandolin ending
6. generate and see if the modified ending fits
I just tried the above with the demo file for RT1862 (soloist mandolin) and it made the ending a little less abrupt. I've found that the freeze function opens the door to heaps of possibilities.
To get the best effect, the song should be around 4 bars longer than the bar with the hold chord to allow for natural decay.
I'm going back for another listen now!
All the best to both you and Di. You really are incredible people
P.S. Congratulations on the Songtradr placement! You deserve every success that comes your way!