Over the many years I have been using BIAB (DOS, 3.
5" floppy days), I have introduced it to a goodly number of friends and relatives. After cautioning them about the inherent learning curve, I stress how easy it is to just get up and running:

- pick a song
- pick a style
- type in the chords
- hit PLAY

We "old time" users know how much, much more it can do and so I always offer my help if they get stuck on something. I'm certainly not an expert, but I can usually get them back up and running.

What I've wished for (and I understand it's totally unrealistic), is for PGMusic to ship out with every NEW sale, a short note, emphasizing their Support people and this Forum, if frustration creeps into their enjoyment of BIAB.

Just a little, "we know it can be overwhelming, but there's help available and we think you'll be happy in the end".

What I've discovered is that much of the "weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth" from new users, stems from either not knowing or not stating, what they want to accomplish. If they just want a simple track to practice to, there's no need to get bogged down in the nitty-gritty, inner workings of RealTracks, or VSTIs or 64 bit emulators.

Thanks to the OP for the post.
Thanks to PGMusic and their support team.
And most of all, thanks to all you Forum members, ready and eager to help!

LLOYD S