sac,

Well, I guess the best approach for you would be to think what you want to accomplish, write it down and ask for an opinion in Beginners Forum section.
If it is achievable with BIAB I am sure somebody will try to help or at least point you in the direction of how it might work.

One of the biggest challenges for me was to make BIAB a part of the workflow I am familiar with. I passed that stage and fairly comfortable in getting BIAB do things that I need. Again, there are plenty of little things that bother me in BIAB, but I will not let them interfere with my "creative" time.

P.S. About the lost years... I hope you understand, it was a joke. What I meant it is like a bicycle, once you leave it for a few years, it gets rusty (see my nick by avatar:) I am regaining a lot of former knowledge and learning a lot of new things. It is fun stuff. My suggestion to you... Just try to do something. If it does not work, try it again. And if you get lost, this community is great and I am sure you will find help.