Tangmo, thanks!
Surely an interesting take on things!

Ok, the quality part is... When share my tunes with close friends, I ask of them to give me a honest opinion. In most cases they share a valid complaint...They are having difficulty understanding lyrics because they say: It sounds like you are in barrel.. Why? Now I know..FeQueNcY ClAShes...it only took me 20+
years to understand the correlation smile

Another aspect what I consider a "quality" is adding parts / sounds / vocal elements that make tune more interesting, after initial "demo" is completed. Problem here is that no matter how great BIAB is, I prefer some human input on the specific tune, other than mine. Here is an example of that. I was working on the tune not long ago, and a talented singer helped me to diversify it, by doing some backing vocals. After she left, I thought that, song would be more interesting if she sang in a few other places in it.
She does not record at home, so the only way for me is try to invite her over (30 mile drive each way) or to come to her if she has time for me.. only to put some vocal elements. That would take almost a day between prepping project, coming to her, explaining, recording, mixing, which I can use to start completely new tune which could be even better. I do understand the phrase "no pain-no gain" well enough, but a hunger for making new tunes drives me more. (quality vs variety)

Josie,
Thank you for reply!

Seems like you have a positive and balanced outlook on things. Especially this:

"As long as it moves me and I'm doing something creative I'm not wasting time."

This line alone, answers many questions smile

I am sure one way or another, I will come back to at least a dozen of tunes that I wrote years ago and try to infuse them with power of RT or RD... My idea is, when time is not major issue to have a "spring cleanup" and just remix whole bunch of songs from years to make them sound better.

Misha.