Loren,

this one knocks me off my feet !

Although that kind of music wasn't that widespread over here when I was little, my parents had a couple of records like these, and I very early started to like them much better than the things they used to play on the radio then. And an uncle of mine was a pretty popular jazz singer in the 50s, who played the US military clubs successfully, so he, too, brought jazz records, many of them with that iincredible big band swing thus shaping my taste of music a lot.

Alhtough it was almost inevitable at that time that I, growing up, fell for Elvis, The Beatles and later on the Blues and Soul (I still love to be woken up by my precious Sam & Dave Best of CD) I kept my love and admiration for 'all that jazz'.

And, Loren, you not only let me sink into memories of my long-gone parents and my uncle, you also may be responsible for a great sunday afternoon: I will ask my darling for a nice cheek-to-cheek dance to your great song, and who knows, where that might end...

Thanks a lot for that, and most of all, for that wonderful tune - sung so touchingly, soulfully and tempting.

All the best,

Stefan