Originally Posted By: rsdean
Loren,

This is so cool! I had no idea your voice sounded like this! Outstanding sound - a real Billy Eckstine vibe.

Going back for another listen...

Bob

Dear Bob..

Ah-hah! You reveal yourself to be knowledgeable about jazz through your comment about Billy Eckstine. Right on, and thank you! He was quite a crowd-pleaser, according to my late father, who saw him perform with regularity in jazz in "all star" shows in Chicago during the 40's and 50's.

On a nostalgic note, my father told me that when he dated my mother, he would take her to see these "all star" shows that featured multiple, famous musicians such as Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Billie Holiday, Sarah Vaughan, Al Hibbler and others. The evening's entertainment included a movie, some live comedy routines, and short subjects, cartoons, and newsreels.

The price of entry for all of these attractions enjoyed in a single evening? Usually no more than five dollars.

Thank you, Bob, for tuning to my radio and leaving behind such a flattering comment!

Sincerely,

LOREN

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".