Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
OMG...if what they are saying is true...this is GROUNDBREAKING!

I had seriously considered sitting out this upgrade and now I cannot seem to type my credit card info fast enough to complete my order! A real Christmas morning level of excitement here!

Thanks JJJ:

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=308462#Post308462

Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
On the other hand, if they asked me, my advice would be to get to work on a VSTi version of BIAB in parallel with the current upgrade cycle. They could start basic...maybe build bridge technology to work between the DAW and the BIAB core...get a simple GUI designed that just handles the RT selection. Get rid of ALL of the volume, panning, f/x, etc. and just let me apply those using my plugs in my DAW! Basically strip out everything that is already available in my DAW. Leave nothing but the RT engine and interface to work as a VSTi.

Now THAT is a KILLER product! Does not hurt the existing BIAB crowd at all. We keep upgrading for the next 5 years. But, in the meantime, you are building PG's next breakthrough, game-changing products! And somewhere down the line you quietly retire BIAB as the VSTi version becomes the bread-and-butter product!

Can you imagine the excitement there would be over a VSTi that was based on RealTracks? It would put every MIDI/Sample-based product to shame! I own a ton of really nice sounding sample libraries but the amount of work I have to put in to make something that 1) sounds great while 2) not sounding canned is way too much whereas, with BIAB, I can rough something together in less than an hour that cannot be discerned from a real band!

One more bit of advice...DO NOT NAME IT BAND IN A BOX (but def keep the RealTracks brand)! Hire a really good marketing team with recent experience/success in state-of-the-art digital instrument marketing to come up with an Apple-worthy product name, branding, campaign, etc.

I should get a marketing job (if I'm so smart), right?