Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Stan Kenton’s A Merry Christmas album (vinyl) in 1961 made quite an impression on me and is still remarkable to hear.

I'll have to look for it. Quite a bit of what Kenton did was remarkable.

---------

We wrote our own words for "Winter Wonderland" (and copyrighted them) figuring that Florida is the real Winter Wonderland. We put a lot of Sunshine, golf, tennis, fishing and other activities in it.

Since we have millions of 'snowbirds' that come to Florida in the winter to escape the cold, it goes over well.

---------

Since we play music for a living, I look forward to have the opportunity to play holiday songs. Christmas songs we get to play for a month, St.Patrick's day songs are only good for a few days. But the seasonal parties are both good for our spirits and our wallets.

My current favorites are "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" because I love to hear Leilani sing that one and "Silver Bells" because we do a duet with some call and response. I must admit, like most pop music, Christmas Music is more fun to play than to listen to.

Insights and incites by Notes

Last edited by Notes Norton; 12/04/18 03:39 AM.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks