Quote:

Its just a matter of workflow -

1) Band in a Box - 2) Real Band - 3)Reaper

and you can have it all.

Well, this kind of shoots the bragging rights to PG products right in the foot that they are 'economical' do-it-all product line.

I gave up in 2004 with PowerTracksProAudio. That was nearly 6 years ago of development time. My 'economical' upgrades would now be 6x the $29 upgrade price, or $180 just for PTPA alone.

There isn't any other $180 DAW on the market that doesn't support timing references in VST/VSTi.

The price of entry looks attractive for PTPA, and perhaps RB but the feature set once you dive in - can leave one disappointed. I absolutely depend on the timing references for delays, for drumming programs like my Jamstix, for built in arpeggiation and/or modulation effects in VSTi synths, etc.

It appears to me that PG continues to focus on the mindset that most recordists using their programs don't look 'outside' for sound sources. GM Modules and RB tracks are all anyone needs for their products.

Sorry to rant - but this has been an issue for at least 6 years - to add a basic capability that seems that every other respected DAW on the market has in it's basic feature set.

I don't have the data to back this up, but I'm guessing that there's a very limited number of beta testers who use this kind of functionality - the timing references to VST/VSTi - which ends up making it look like a non-issue to PG, or at least a limited issue. Loyal customers will continue to pay for the updates yearly and that fringe that actually uses these features, that use playthrough to plugins and plugins as a composition tool as a must - well they will maybe just go away.

royj, have at it - perhaps I will pass on the mantle to you. Maybe they will listen to you.

I've tired of it. If we could look at the wishlist back 5 years ago, or when we used to use the forum as a wishlist - you would see my posts to your same points. I normally just hang out now on PG because a few of the old-timers here helped me significantly hone my recording chops about 10-13 years ago.