Originally Posted By: rayc
It's a fun song but there're a couple of things in the mix (video version) that seem odd:
. The drums are over on one side - feels almost like a Beatles early stereo mix.
. The music sounds like it's in a different room to the vocal - different reverb?
The lyrics are good and the play on hounds works well.
The playing is fine and your project of humour, music and visuals is always a good time waiting to be had.

Hi Ray,

first of all thanks a lot for watching and listening.

Wow, I envy you for your ears. While I, of course, noticed that the drums are mainly on the right, I would never noticed the other issue that you mentioned. But I've never been very much into the sound editing and mixing thing anyway, most of all because my vision prevents me from coping with all that tiny buttons, captions etc., but a heavy tinnitus I've had for decades doesn't help either - what I sing in the song about vision and hearing isn't made up. Unfortunately. So I'm very glad that Maha (who is otherwise not interested in computers) came to grips with it and, even more important, enjoys it.

As to the drum issue: Floyd already mentioned it and if you move up in the thread you can read what I found out about that issue.

You know, this song was the third or fourth one ever that I arranged using BIAB and RB and which Maha took care of soundwise. Because she would never add any reverb to a complete backing track I tried to recall what might have happened. I think that this might be the explanation:

In the beginning I rendered every single BIAB track and then imported the WAVs into RealBand. This way there might have been some reverb on the tracks. Now I import the BIAB file into RealBand and have it re-generated there, so it's always 'dry'.

One thing I should add is that we never had thought of our projects being reviewed by people with expertise - we just did it for our own and some friends' kicks. Now that I finally dared to show up in this forum things have become more serious, of course. But all our projects that I put on display here are still 'pre-forum', so there will be more issues to be found smile .

And that's why I (or we) also appreciate any technical feedback. Although we will not work on any of the projects again once the videos are out, we will try to keep every hint in mind so we (hopefully) won't make the same mistakes again.

So thanks again for your attentiveness.

All the best,

Stefan