Quote:

Hello Bob,

What VST plugin are you having trouble with? I have never encountered a proper VST plugin that does not work in RealBand or PowerTracks.

Then you've never used one that can create it's own parts probably because they're all fairly expensive.

I'm referring to the very well known tempo lock problem with VSTi's that can create their own rhythms like Jamstix, BFD, some of the guitar ones, some effects like delays or phasers that can be locked to the tempo of your song so they pulse along with the beat. I have Jamstix, it loads fine as an instrument so I can use the great sounding kits to play prerecorded drum tracks but the biggest part of JS is the "brain" that will create and modify a completely new drum part on the fly based on a very cool drum pattern creation display. It works much like the Biab styles except it's drums only. You can pick a style and then tell it to change virtually any part of the kit according to certain parameters like changing the attack on the ride, add some ghost hits to the snare, a double back beat on the kick, etc all within any style you choose and they have pretty much any drum style you can think of based on famous drummers just like Biab's soloists. That requires some further VST work in RB.
Ralph at Rayzoon commented that PG's VST implementation must be incomplete if those functions don't work. The symptom is the drum track tempo starts to run away as soon as you hit play and whatever pattern that's supposed to play begins to randomize to the point it's just a mishmash in a few seconds.
I thought there was something wrong so I corresponded with Rayzoon's tech support who told me the problem was here so then I corresponded with PG's tech support. This was maybe three years ago. After a few days they emailed me to say this was more complex than they thought and would get back to me sometime later. It was about a month or so when they said nothing could be done at this time, sorry. I commented during this last beta that Peter said two years ago that he was aware of this problem and you guys were working on it. Not a peep since.
There's a lot of frustration about this because the Jamstix brain and sounds with some Real Tracks and/or some Biab midi tracks would be awesome, same with Steinberg's Virtual Guitarist. Now of course, the workaround is to use another DAW and D & D those tracks into it but that sure seems clunky considering virtually any DAW you've ever heard of except for PT/RB has no problem with this including several freebies like Savihost. You may recall that Mac passed on the last PT 12 beta test because of this issue. Real Band of course is an entirely different animal with a lot of very cool features in spite of this glaring problem.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.