It's a problem with advertising too, Rob. Every DAW advertises full VST support including PG. When you imply that it's no big deal if a DAW doesn't work with every VST out there, you're missing a very big point. Steinberg invented VST, their plugins are pretty expensive like $3-400 and really add a lot to music creation. How can a company advertise full VST support when they can't work with products from the originator of it, Steinberg? Now, I'm not saying that PG products don't work with any Steinberg VST's, only the ones that require a tempo lock with the host which is a lot of them. Basic instrument plugin's are no problem including high end synths like Sampletank, Garritan or all the cool stuff from Native Instruments.
Even Andrew who as we all know, is very helpful and certainly knowledgeable, missed my point at first when he said every VST he's tried works fine. Sadly, I don't think this is really on the radar screen.
I'm a big booster of PG Music and there's no reason why they can't be on the same playing field as the big boys. This incomplete VST support makes them look a bit second rate to a pro. A hobbyist having fun at home, no problem but pro's need everything to be there and while a lot of them love the Real Track concept, this forces them to still have to work in two similar but separate programs to get a tune done if they really need one of those plugins. This is one reason for all the talk about how do I get my RB tracks into Sonar, Reaper, whatever else. Real Band is pretty close to being a complete DAW that can handle a complex project start to finish and this would be a step in that direction.
Not to mention it's borderline false advertising as it is now.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.