<<< I'm using Windows, I don't know why Charlie thought I'm using the Mac version. >>>

I thought so because I've never opened an audio file using the sequence you use. Before I replied to you, I searched through some MAC posts until I located a photo of the Main SCreen for the MAC and saw an OPEN button.

I've always loaded an audio file using the upper toolbar Audio button and selecting import audio from the menu. Both methods, Open and Import, open the same window......

But - Using import rather than open, I get an additional window giving me the option to where in my song I want to place the audio and also the option to choose to either overwrite existing audio or to merge the audio being imported with existing audio on the track.

This function is not currently working in 2019, but it allows me to insert numerous copies of a audio riff, special effect sound or mix stems into a project where the open command will automatically overwrite any existing audio and places the imported audio at the beginning of the song.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.