I had previously installed 2018 from the USB stick after Windoze 10 zapped my hard drive and I had to reinstall.

That didn't work swimmingly since I wasn't thinking about the USB stick not being able to hold all the real tracks, etc.

So then I went through and tried to install the missing real tracks, etc all the way from my 2012 BIAB disks all the way up to before 2018. That helped but still had a bunch of missing stuff.

I was really on the fence about spending the $$$ for the 2019 update but after talking with support they said the best way to get everything up to date was to purchase the UltraPAK for 2019 on HD.

So I did that, and the HD arrived a couple of days ago.

So in preparation I de-activated 2018 which is said was successful. And then uninstalled 2018 and all the RealTracks, etc. Then removed all the folders under c:/bb

Then I installed the UltraPAK 2019 picking option 2 to install the programs on the hard drive but leave the real tracks on the external UltraPAK HD.

There were NO errors during the installation process and I shutdown since it was late.

This morning I tried running BIAB and got a wonderful "The License is locked on this computer, so some features are not enabled" pop up. I tried going to help activation as the pop-up said, but that just got me back to the same stinking pop-up.

This should be essentially a fresh installation of 2019 so how in the heck could the license be locked? This is the first and only installation I had done from the brand new fresh out of the box UltraPAK HD. And even if they somehow were counting the 2018 license activations there would be one installation burned for the zapped HD and the one that I de-activated which should in theory still leave me with 2 2018 activations, if product activation is working without bugs.

I sent a request to pgmusic support early this morning but haven't heard anything back as of tonight.

To say I am annoyed is an understatement. I've committed to spending about $180 for 2019 with the xtra pack and the HD purchase and it is NON FUNCTIONAL.

This is one of the reasons why I really hate product activation. I understand the theory behind why companies do this but when there is a problem like this it is the customer who suffers.

I can of course return the HD and xtra pack DVD at my expense, and I may have to do that if they cannot find a solution to this problem. But that also sucks since essentially I would be returning a non-functioning (for me) product and having to pay to ship it back to Canada.

I'm travelling now so I'm not able to try a test run on another Windoze 10 box that I have which has NEVER had BIAB installed on it. Maybe that will work, or maybe not.

So has anyone else encountered a similar issue with the "product activation"? Is this a bug in 2019? Another Windoze'ism? Phase of the moon? smile

Thanks for any suggestions on something I can try to resolve this issue when I'm back in front of the computer.