"dcuny"...

Somewhere amongst the rooms and halls of my musical memory, I vaguely recall hearing this song at a somewhat faster tempo, with lyrics I cannot remember being sung by a small choir of children's voices, sounding bright and upbeat. It may even have been a soundtrack to a commercial.

Any old way, your version of "Bring A Torch, Jeanette, Isabella" has got a ton of mood rising like mists and fog out of its musical texture. It's wistful and nostalgic -- maybe even a little melancholy -- in feeling. It also possesses an air of a new morning arriving, that slowly-waking time when, as you lie in bed, you sense the warmth of the early light coming through the window and falling on your closed eyelids, as you meditate drowsily on whether or not you really want to wake-up and begin another day.

I'm sure all these impressions are partly the result of the obviously meticulous orchestration of the virtual instruments you employed in the composition. I'm listening to it again as I write this. It's easy for me to imagine you standing behind a podium, waving your baton gracefully, yet emotively while you conduct an actual orchestra. I don't know who could suspect anything else, even those with so-called "trained ears".

You deserve to be addressed as "maestro" for your efforts here.

Sincerely,

LOREN

Last edited by bluage; 12/15/18 10:26 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".