Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Hey Floyd love this song, nice melody and reflection. The only suggestion I have which you can take with a grain of salt as it's your song and you're pretty almost perfect, but don't know if you know MAB from Nashville (had lots of conversations with him) he would point out that "making my coffee, making my bed" wouldn't go over in this modern independent woman world. I might change that to something like "we're sharing coffee, talking in bed". Women like that a man who also wants to talk in bed and spend time sharing. Just my 2 cents. As always a good song.

Donna,

Thanks for having a listen. And the nice words. And the suggestion.
I have known MAB (Marc) since about 1994 (back when he thought he was going to be the next big thing). We ran in the same circles for many years, knew many of the same people, though our paths did not cross all that often (it seemed like he sort of "disappearred" for a few years in that period). I "know and understand" and appreciate the concept of the "modern independent woman". I am well versed in what does and doesn't work in Nashville.

This song was not written intended for "the Nashville market". I view it more as "an artist song".

I don't believe that those lines imply any kind of sexism. The song is not implying that that is "her job" in any way. It's just what she does. I generally make the bed in our house. The few times that I am up first, I make the coffee. I do, in fact, make all the meals we eat (my wife would readily tell you, I''m a better cook than she is - and she's pretty good).

The fact that SHE (the she in the song) makes the coffee and the bed is just a nice thing that she chooses to do. And something that the singer seems to appreciate. It's showing that she has made herself a part of his life - doing things that he would have done himself before... It's still nice that people do things for each other regardless of what that might be and who is doing the doing. It's a connection. It's showing love. In the little things.