Thanks for the encouragement. I ordered an instructional dvd on Albert King's style and found some YouTube videos.

Once I get a little more capable of getting clean notes out of my electric guitar, I am gleefully anticipating the fun I'll have playing along with BIAB, which, after all, is one of it's main functions!

Yes, I do listen critically to instrumentalists other than guitarists.
For example, I hope someday to play the note by note transcriptions I've found of some early Louie Armstrong recordings. I also want to learn to mimic some of Chaka Kahn's jazz singing, on the guitar! Less notes, more expressive.

But that's getting ahead of myself. At this point to play a simple, clean solo would be a huge leap forward for me.

Right now my routine is to just play easy, simple songs on the guitar and try to get clean, decent sound, something pleasing to my ear. Also, I really want to get good at vibrato and bending.

And, yes, I am determined to conquer ear training, so I recognize how rhythm and intervals look on the page and how they sound to me. Which BIAB does!

(Fender) Squier Vintage Modified '70s Stratocaster
Roland AC-60
Intel i7-7800x @ 3.5GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD Radeon RX 580, Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 with Pro Tools First, BIAS Amp2, Bias FX Pro and BIAB2019 on dedicated 500GB SSD