Originally Posted By: LtKojak
Originally Posted By: MarioD

A big advantage of using soundfonts is that you can personalize them. For example you can have one just to orchestration, one for rock, one for jazz, etc. Also you can change individual patches. For example if you find a better trumpet soundfont you can replace the one in your GM soundfont. Also you can replace those helicopter and other mostly useless sounds with patches like more strings, brass, choirs etc. In other words with soundfonts, although dated like the TTS-1, you have a lot more options available.

Just my opinion and YMMV.

Mario, have you ever tried making your own soundfont set? I haven't, although I imagine it to be an extremely time-consuming, passion-driven task, isn't? Bless the hearts of those brave folks that did it and decided to share it with the world!

I did make many of them back in the day when I was using soundfonts as my main sound source. It is very easy. You just use the soundfont librarian https://soundfont-librarian.software.informer.com/
and move soundfonts around. You copy from one soundfont from one set into your target soundfont set.

If you mean recording an instrument and making it into a soundfont then no.

There are many soundfonts available, many free, some shareware and some pro ones for purchase.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware