It's not just the size of any one library, it's how many tracks are you running at one time. I'm talking about guys who are running upwards of 150-200 tracks in their DAW's. Using subgroups for drums, orchestra, vox, etc, etc. All of those subgroups each have their own effects plugs running. Then to top it all off, a whole huge project like is being controlled by automation.

That's just the beginning. These guys have every DAW there is so that's easily two or three grand just in DAW's, they have and use daily pretty much every big name softsynth out there. I've watched many vids of them working with stuff and they will be using Kontakt, Omnisphere, Keyscape and who knows what else all in the same project. That's just instruments, they also have all the big name mastering suites like Ozone or the full T Racks or Audition. They probably have ten grand just in plugins.

Here's just one vid out of thousands where the guy is talking about the new Studio One 4. He's a pro level recording/mixing engineer. At the 4 minute mark he opens it up to a project and says, this isn't a particularly big project, it only has maybe 30 tracks or so. Then look at the session he opens up at the 10 minute mark. I can't even count how many tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4r0rzIZP8A

You can find vids like this about every DAW there is and most are all made by pro users like this guy. Listen to what he says about his computer system. If you know and understand what he's talking about and you're involved in projects like this then that's what I mean by a power user.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.