Misha,

I agree... +1

I use the workflow you mentioned. That is, work with the hard-drive wma installation until the song is completed and then generate the wav files using the Audiophile USB drive \Realtracks and \Drums.

This morning....

1. I started BIAB

2. re-directed Realtracks and Realdrums to my Audiophile USB

3. generated and played a song

4. deactivated "Use custom folders..." so that the drums and Realtracks would use my hard-drive (wma) installation

5. generated and played a song (BIAB had not been closed at any point in time)

6. went back into the Realtrack and Realdrums preferences and the USB drive paths were still listed and grayed out. All I had to do was activate the "Use custom folders..." option again to access the USB drive

7. Now I deactivated "Use custom folders..." so that the program ran using the wma audio files

8. Exit BIAB

9. Restarted BIAB -- the grayed out paths were now gone

From this, it seems that BIAB will remember the path for the USB drive Realtracks and Realdrums as a user switches between the USB drive and the computer hard-drive paths for the length of a BIAB session. Once BIAB is closed, though, the paths are forgotten.

This seems to indicate that PG Music are nearly "there" and all that has to happen is for them to preserve the grayed out USB path between BIAB sessions when "Use custom folder..." is deactivated.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024