I just tried SampleTank 3 (which is only 64-bit) and experience the following:

In 64-bit BIAB, I can see ST3 load and I can put an instrument on the appropriate track; however, even though I can see data being transmitted to it in the ST3 interface, I get no sound.

In 32-bit BIAB (and I have jbridge installed), I cannot even load ST3. I get a jbridge error and then an invalid plugin error.

In 32-bit RealBand, I can load ST3 on a track, specify an instrument matching the track channel (and of course, since ST3 is 64-bit, it loads in the background with jbridge), and it plays just fine.

I'll have to play with some other 64-bit VSTi's and see if it's universal or just specific to ST3.

UPDATE: I just tried with Kontakt 5 (which comes as both a 64-bit and 32-bit VSTi).

In 64-bit BIAB, the 64-bit Kontakt would load, but I get no sound.

In 32-bit BIAB, I can neither load the 64-bit Kontakt (I get a jbridge error), nor even the 32-bit Kontakt.

In 32-bit RealBand, I can load both the 32-bit Kontakt and the 64-bit Kontakt (jbridge allows it) - obviously not together, but by removing one or the other from the list and then loading the appropriate one.

So something is going strange with loading VSTi's in both 64-bit and 32-bit BIAB (for me, anyway). I'm running build 609.

Last edited by jford; 12/26/18 05:44 PM.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com