Interesting stats. Every recording made is someone's idea of a number one hit. Millions of records made each year, thousands played on the radio or streamed and hundreds make big bucks. Can anybody say poor marketing strategy?

Graham Cochran of The Recording Revolution and Joe Gilder of Home Studio Corner both have expanded their tutorial channels to cover business techniques and offer paid courses. But the most interesting and useful one I've come across (and theoretically adopted if I ever record and release another song) was from a young, stay at home mother of 5 that her hobby is writing and recording music. Her free video details her realistic musical ideology.

she named it Micro Niche.

Here's how it works. She has been making music for years but life has tagged along and she realizes she will never be a one percenter Music superstar.

Her goal was to research musical genres and find a small niche (Micro Niche) of hard core and passionate fans. She researched and learned the details of a small genre of music and began to write and record songs in the style of that niche. Her goal was to reach one thousand people that will purchase her album of the Micro Niche genre along with some other accessory such as a T-Shirt or Coffee Cup. The Album and souvenir will sell for $25.

Her goal is to sell 1000 of these units over the next year. Through placing albums and souvenirs on consignment and the few that will go out to family and friends and acquaintances along with a Web Site open 24/7 365 days - That should not be a hard goal to reach. Especially marketing her merchandise specifically toward people passionate about their micro niche musical genre.

$1,000 X $25 = $25,000 yearly income.

You don't have to be famous to make a livable wage in music. My brother always encouraged me as a songwriter by saying I only had to ever get it right one time.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.