Hi Experts,
Would anybody be able to offer up some possible explanations to the following,which is driving me to distraction and spoiling several weeks of work...I'll use bullet points to be as concise as possible..

1.I have a relatively simple 10 track guitar instrumental project in Cakewalk,comprising Bass/Drums/Keys/Strings as RealTracks from BIAB and 6 live guitar stems.
2. All tracks have some EQ and compression applied to get a basic mix I'm happy with.
3. Peak level at the Mix bus during playback is -14.3dB,with all the stems at similar levels with no clipping evident at any point.
4.No evidence of clipping or transient muting is evident during playback of the pre-mixdown version.
5. After mixdown however to a basic 44.1kHz/24Bit .WAV file,I can hear occasional very short term clips/mutes lasting only milliseconds but definitely audible and deleterious to the quality of the piece,despite no clipping evident on the meters and seemingly plenty of headroom.

All the guitar tracks have been "repaired" at some points using Cakewalk's AudioSnap to correct some minor timing errors,and I suspect this may play some part in the problem,as by moving one transient marker from it's corrected position back to it's original location,one of the clips/mutes was removed.

If this is the problem,I have the onerous task of hunting for and repositioning a lot of corrected transients in the six guitar stems.

Does anyone else have any experience of a problem like this after using AudioSnap,or any other proprietary Audio Quantisation tool,and if so why it may be happening?

This is my first experience of using AudioSnap,so wondering if I've made a fundamental error.

The issue is unrelated to any VST plugins applied as I've done several "vanilla" mixdowns with no effects and flat EQ and the problem persists.

Many Thanks,
Neil Cummins
Warrington
UK

Dell Inspiron 5748
iPad Mini.
iRig HD2.
BIAB,RB 2019,Cakewalk,Auria Pro,Cubasis,Garageband,Sampletank.
Lots of VST,DXi and FabFilter Pro Bundle.
Amplitube,BIAS FX.
Behringer MS20 Monitors.
Several guitars.
Always trying to leave the audience wanting less.