Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Charlie,

This is brilliant and actually what I am thinking about. 1.I would love to see the video by that lady. Do you have the link?

My Mom several years ago asked me to make a Christmas album of "soothing classical guitar and strings" because she was tense.

So I did it in 2 days, right before Christmas. 2. It BY FAR has gotten me the most streams of anything I have done.

So I see this. I am looking for that niche right now and trying to figure out what else to add to it. There are some new age marketing gurus and social media experts in the family.

This has me thinking. HARD.

1. I will try to find it and forward it to you.

2. Something similar to your Mom's request happened to me and I'm hoping it will become my Micro Niche so I'll share a bit of the
story.

I have a friend that over the years has been a successful amateur Elvis impersonator. He has been a repeat winner of several Elvis contests. He's been the Grand Marshall in local parades. Did a lot of festivals, corporate events as far away as Charlotte, Raleigh, Charleston, Wilmington and Atlanta. Years ago, he was a featured guest on a popular local radio program.

I have been his recording engineer/mixer for most of his Elvis covers he's made on Cassette and CD's. These have almost exclusively used Karaoke backing tracks. He has invested thousands of dollars in Karaoke tracks and has nearly every conceivable arrangement ever issued of Elvis's hits. Although he has supplied lead vocals for some of my originals in the past, he has always resisted using any backing other than Karaoke tracks.

Early last year, driving in his car, a bluegrass song titled "Erase The Miles" by III Tyme Out played on the radio. In his head, he instantly heard Elvis singing the song. Besides being bluegrass, there obviously was no Karaoke version of the song that exists. He approached me about the capability of BIAB to produce an 'in the style of...' version if Elvis had lived to record this song. After years of encouragement from me to step out of using Karaoke and create his own idea of covers, something had finally clicked.

He came by and we quickly downloaded the bluegrass version, ran it through the ACW and created a tempo map and chord sheet and located a Style he was comfortable with and did a single generation render, a little Bar Setting to bring instruments in and out and created a solo, he did a one take sing through vocal and I burned him an MP3. It was supposed to be a demo to archive the idea. At any rate, we never updated the recording and since then, he's used the MP3 backing track to perform to as well as put the recording on CD's. It has been far away, his best received and most requested song when he performs or someone gets a copy of it.

I explained the Micro Niche concept to him and his team and hoping that will evolve into me producing a BIAB soundtrack for an album.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.