Originally Posted By: RobH
John (Silvertones) you and I have been on here together for a long time, and I both like you, and respect you and your knowledge and experience. I also appreciate where your coming from. You helped Beta test this release. I have to say my friend it is a little bit condescending to suggest that most of the people complaining are new users. It is also not fair to fire a shot across everyone bow then get mad and say you won't comment anymore (from the other thread) when other fire back or disagree with you. Like it or not your a valuable part of this conversation, we need and want your input. Please share what and how you feel, and don't take offense when others speak up. There is a level of frustration to this sort of thing, especially when we read the new release hype and pull out the old credit card.

To my observation most of the ones complaining are regular long time users or ones that are new but are not new to DAW work. one telling point is that we are all having the same problems. If this is user error why hasn't someone come forward to point out the error?

As far as specifics, I have tried Midi styles on my system they lock up and freeze. I have tried longer files, premade files, brand new files, shorter files. RT files, part RT and part midi files, 1 chorus, 2 chorus, and 3 chorus files. 2 instrument, 3 instrument, 4 instrument, and yes 5 Instrument files. I have tried 4, 6, and 8 bar Multiriffs. I have worked with the original download version 606 for me, versions 607, 608, 609, and 610. I have generated new files and regenerated old files.

A typical test for me is to open the DAW, insert a instrument track, or drag the instrument to the tracks view, pick a style, generate that style. Then drag the tracks to the DAW. Next pick (select) a multiriff, hit generate "all riffs", drag those to the DAW. Then pick an open channel/track in the plugin, select an RT, click generate for that channel/track,then drag that track to the DAW.

in the end results I have had the system work perfectly 2 times. Once in Studio one version 2.65, and once in Reaper . I have had it fail at the last track render, fail at the multiriff render and fail at the style render in each and every build. Is there some user error, I'm sure there is. One good example it the audio or missing audio issue in Studio one for auditioning styles and RT. That was due to a setting in the audio setup of the DAW. I did specifically asked for some help from Tech support, and did not get a call back. I assumed they were busy helping others. So I continued to test and experiment on my own. I hope this post supplies sufficient information regarding what I personally have tried.

Bottom line if I fiddle and tweak with it long enough I might get full results, but one should not have to do that with PUFRCHASED software. Still I am willing to put the effort in for two reasons.

1. I like the program and recognize what it can become for us all

2. I like PG music, the staff and owner as I feel they are a solid company that ultimately cares

Anyway thanks for listening, and John still love ya man, but you can't have my bud light.

Very well stated, especially as you say when you have to pull out the old credit card to pay for something that doesn't work as its supposed to do.

I honestly don't know why some people keep shouting that it could very well be users fault when its as plain as day that it's simply buggy software, that should never have been released in the state that its in.

Please ask yourself why some users shout to the roof rafters its mainly users fault.

I have my own reasoning about that one, some people don't have to reach for the old credit card!

Aey