Originally Posted By: Sundance
Merry Christmas to you FJ!

To me, this is an exotic sounding arrangement and progression with a mysterious spooky melancholy in the music sort of like a Wicked Game vibe. Definitely different from my expectations and outside the usual love song box.

Lots of really cool sounds going on in the production. And my shucks what a great sound on your vocals!

What was your vocal chain on this one?

Josie - nice to have you drop by! The vocal chain - Studio One Pro effects... EQ > Compressor > Analog Delay > Room Reverb and then a Nectar preset - Nectar Country....

Originally Posted By: tommyad
floyd, there is an amazing clarity in the whole production. Especially the vocals. You definitely did something different this time. The chord choices were unexpected and inventive and set the mood perfectly. I didn’t see anything wrong about the lyrics and you presented them very convincingly. You said what you wanted to say-your way. In the end that’s what we all do. It seems to me that writing specifically for the commercial market limits the truly creative process. This is one that is way up your list of great songs. Great use of the steel, especially that repeating line when it first appears. The guitar comes in just right and loud like we like it. A really cool write,performance and production. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Tom

Tom - I always enjoy hearing your comments on the thing I do - these were especially nice ones - Thanks! Not sure why the vocals seem to "hit the mark" on this... I can never seem to get the exact same sound when I try to duplicate aany set of effects...