Originally Posted By: cooltouch
chulaivet, cool, you're using a Delta 44! Glad to see another Delta user here. My DAW's setup is similar to yours, except I note you're running all four of your 44's outs to your board. Got a couple of questions, though. What are you doing to record your mix? And I see you have three MIDI devices daisy-chained, but you have a single stereo audio signal from the MIDI chain hooked into your board. I'll admit, I'm a bit fuzzy about MIDI these days, but I thought that daisy chaining only worked for the MIDI signals and any audio had to be handled separately? In other words, I didn't know you could daisy-chain your audio as well?

First of all....I'm STILL a bit "fuzzy" on the midi thing and I've been using midi devices since 1998 or so.
A reflection of my neuron deficiencies?....probably so.
Well...another Delta user.
Before my Delta I used my Gina20....I still have it packed away....somewhere.

As far as the 'daisy chaining' my perception is that not all midi devices have the in/outs necessary for the "chaining" to work.
The last unit in the midi chain is patched via stereo to one of the 'stereo inputs' on the mixer.
MIDI interface:
When I had a boatload of midi devices I used the Opcode 8 portSE (still have it) but now I use the Midisport 4x4 midi patch bay which may clear up some midi confusion.
https://m-audio.com/products/view/midisport-4x4-anniversary-edition

MarioD and Mountainside seem to have some good G2 experience with midi.
How it all just happens remains an enigma most of the time.
No...daisy chaining audio was not what I meant....sorry if I confused us.

I'm down to (4) midi module devices:
Roland MBD-1 - Bass/Drums module
Roland MVS-1 - Vintage Synth module
Proteus FX - (4) banks of good patches.
SGX Nitro - Guitar preamp/processor with (4) banks of patches but not in the chain.
(the Nitro STEREO outs are patched to the stereo FX send/return on the mixer but does have midi send/receive jacks)

For recording I assign the track output from the 1622FX to the 'Submix out L/R' of the mixer into Delta Input 1/2.
The mixer's sub mix out L/R has (2) faders.
For mixing I route/assign all tracks in the song (I use Sonar X3) to the Delta 1/2 outs.
I only use the Delta 3/4 in/outs for special monitoring which isn't often.

Hope that helps.....this stuff does get confusing.

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 01/03/19 07:44 AM.