Good luck with your decision. My guess is the channel count of those mixers in a church setting, the need was likely for more channels/routing than less so I'll guess the upgrade to X32. The X32 provides 16 busses/monitors as well as Matrix's for streaming and broadcasting. Use of the Scenes/Snippet/Cues are also a highly desired for churches that do a lot of productions. My X32 went to the Church I attend. I still get to program it and fix all the 'issues' with what button to push on occasion.

I think choosing the XR12 is a great choice for you and that you'll immediately see a noticeable improvement in the tracks you record. Being able to eliminate a guitar hum (gate) and compression to vocals as they're recorded, apply a de esser during recording, slight EQ - all without any latency or strain on your CPU will give you cleaner tracks to work with and help tame and control your ambient room environment. You'll not have to take time in your DAW working to fix things from the start before you even begin to mix because they will no longer be there. You'll continue to get the benefit of that great Delta interface and I think you're good for another 17 years of great recording in your home studio. I'm a bit jealous....

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.