Originally Posted By: jford
Quote:
Q. Will the 64 bit version of Band-in-a-Box also allow me to use other 32 bit plugins that I have purchased from third parties?

A. Yes, if you have jBridge installed, then you can use almost any 32 bit plugin. Note that you can buy jBridge from us for $10.

In earlier testing, I found you could do this, but it was not automatic (like it is using 64-bit plugins in the 32-bit version of BIAB). I had to first manually create the VST bridging file using the jbridger utility that comes with jbridge and then load that file, rather than the actual VST.

Is it now automatic when selecting 32-bit plugins in the 64-bit BIAB, or do you still need to run jbridger first? If the former, that's wonderful; if the latter, you probably need to create a video tutorial on how to use jbridger, as well as include the instructions in the user manual.

UPDATE I just tried running 64-bit BIAB (latest patch) and if I try to open a 32-bit plugin, I get an error message that I am unable to load the 32-bit plugin in 64-bit BIAB. So jbridge does not do an automatic load in that direction. If, however, I load the bridged version (which I created using the jbridger utility), it will load a 32-bit plugin.

I also tested the 32-bit version of BIAB and it still does load 64-bit plugins automatically as long as jbridge is installed on the computer.

Hope this information helps.

UPDATE 2 I just remembered that I had actually created a video on how to use the jbridger utility to run 32-bit plugins in 64-bit BIAB. You can see it in the Tips and Tricks forum here.

Very informative... Thanks John

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Win-11; BiaB-2024-latest Beta;
Cakewalk; Melodyne-5; Scaler 2; NI Komplete:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20