Noel thanks for your continued help and support. I deleted the files INTRFACE.BBW and MYSETUP.DK by adding old to the file name as you suggested. Shutdown the computer for 5 minutes and restarted with BIAB 2019 32 bit. No change, the program does not remember the correct patches.

But I have a much better understanding of the problem now. Keep in mind, I rolled back to update 610 but I don't think that's the problem or the solution. The problem is in how 2019 is handling the higher banks in the .PAT file.

As us MIDI users are aware, the program uses three bits of info to use the higher banks: the patch number, the MSB bank number and the LSB bank number. The problem is in the LSB bank number....its off by one digit! In other words, when 83.63.4 is saved, it actually saves 83.63.3

I thought at first this my be the old Roland - Yamaha 1-based patch numbering issue (which can be temporarily changed in BIAB or permanently changed in the .PAT file. Nope, makes no difference as the 1-based issue effects the first number not the MSB or LSB.

Then I though my .PAT could be corrupt. So I recreated those new from my Cakewalk .INI files and actually downloaded new .INI files just to be sure mine weren't bad. Loaded the new .PAT file, no change. Compared to my original .PAT file, no difference...a mirror image of one another.

When I select the correct patch that I want to use for a song on the THRU channel or the melody channel they play correctly at that time, its only when they are saved and later pulled up do I see the LSB difference.

So I'm at a complete loss now...any ideas?

Last edited by MountainSide; 01/11/19 07:14 AM. Reason: chnaged LSB to correct number

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3