Hi Folks, I'm new here. I play a 12 string guitar, banjo, and am learning mandolin. I also have a cajun accordion, but haven't been able to practice it too much. I'm mainly focusing on the banjo now. I've had BIAB about 2 months now and am finally starting to get the hang of some things.

I was wondering if anyone had experience or could shed some light on this problem:

I have the BIAB with the 'Bluegrass pack' which came with 30 songs in the 'BGFAKE' folder.

I had downloaded many songs from VirtualBluegrassBand.com that were in a .SGU format. I copied them into the BGFAKE folder and they worked fine in BIAB. I could hear all the melody tracks play along with the chords in those songs just fine.

After hearing about it on The Banjo Hangout, I purchased, downloaded, and installed the BIAB Bluegrass Rhythm Real Tracks #11.

Now, however, I can no longer hear ANY of the melodies for any of the VirtualBluegrassBand tunes I open in BIAB. When they play, I can only hear just the chords, whether I use a Realtracks, or a midi type track for the style. If I open any of the 30 BIAB songs (.MGU) I can hear the melody play along with the chords just fine.

Any tips or ideas you have would be helpful. It would be great to get those melodies back and not have to look up and enter the notation for each tune I'd like to practice.

Thanks

Bill