I could hear that, but I still liked the song. Not sure what you use to record. When I started I asked a friend of mine in radio production what would be a good microphone that wouldn't break the bank - ended up with an Audio Technica ST 90 MKII Dynamic Microphone. Also on another friend's recommendation I bought this TC Helicon Harmony-G XT. It has the added bonus of being able to add simple harmonies if you ever perform live, but I don't like the harmonies it produces for recording. They sound a little too ... electronic. Better than nothing performing solo live, though.

But! Just as a recording interface/compressor, I like it a lot. Ended up finding one used so I didn't pay an arm and a leg for it.

I also ... and you might get away with one of these and NOT use the Helicon ... a Focusrite 2i2 for a mic interface to your computer. That and a decent mic will go a long way to picking your vocals up better. I use both. I run the mic through the Helicon, and then through the Focusrite, and on to the laptop.

I use Reaper for my DAW software. It's only like $60 for people like us.

Keep going, whatever you do!

Last edited by Phil Leith; 01/15/19 08:27 AM.