Quote:

G'day HT,
Quote:

So, being reminded of what the Bible says really irritates you, yet you call ME negative.

hmm...

Quote:

Everybody celebrates the first Christmas.

How come nobody celebtrates the third one - when Harod's men killed all the two year-old male babies in his kingdom?

Thank ya lord!

You might have had a point if it took Herod 2 years to decide to kill all the 2 year olds but the way I read things, it was probably only a matter of weeks. Herod was just bracketing to make sure he didn't miss.

Oh yeah, it was Herod who took that decision - why blame God? Herod feared a political rival. Jesus was never going to be that, especially not at just a few weeks, or maybe months, of age.

HT, I'm well aware that you will interpret things to suit yourself. We all do that kind of thing. But why not try to look at things from a brighter perspective? Who knows, maybe you'll actually find some happiness instead of coming across as being miserable all the time.

In any case, I hope you did have a merry Christmas and that the new year will bring you propserity and joy, not necessarily in that order.

Either God knew and allowed it, or He is not all powerful. Sorry, but you can't have it both ways.

Hard to accept that the God in the Bible is a baby-killer, but I guess you can interpret it any way you like.

He killed millions of innocent people in the old testament too - IF you believe in the bible.

Like the man said, "ain't that a kick in the head!"