Originally Posted By: rockstar_not

Now, one thing I did learn that I had never noticed before by watching snap-track guy's video: Dolly Parton could play a gut-string guitar with inch and a half long fingernails on her FRETTING hand. That's impressive! I had never noticed that before. I don't know about you, but my classical guitar has a table-top flat fretboard, and I'm not sure I could fret the correct note EVER with nails that long without just a little bit of radius.

Yeah, Dolly is pretty amazing I have to say. I really don't think there is anyone like her; and I think she is a combination of very intelligent, very talented, and a hard worker. I would also add in under-rated.

Quote:
Thank God for the internet and fringe country as well as Goodwill stores where I have amassed my George Strait collection (never was a fan back in the day - but like Tom Petty, he's grown on me in my older age).

Those songs haven't changed. You did. And...if I understand you correctly, you will be loving Luke Combs, and artists like him down the line. Just not when they are current? wink TOTALLY kidding. smile

Here's the thing, like what you want, hate what you want. That's totally your right and I would never tell someone what they should like. My problem isn't with that.

My problem is, and always will be that someone comes here and asks a question such as what this thread was, and people feel the need to not help, but instead weigh in with why they feel it sucks. Not helpful.

Start a thread and have at how much you hate any kind of music. Be my guest. But I really feel the spirit of the forum is if and when someone asks for help, it should be about helping.

Now if you or anyone else is trying to help David from going down the evil road of this genre of music; I would understand that more. lol smile

For the record, I don't think David is one that can't hold his own by any means. smile

Also, for what it's worth, you had some great points in your response. I did enjoy reading it.

Now I'm off to listen to Eddie Rabbitt's "Love a Rainy Night" and "Elvira" from the Oak Ridge Boys, to learn more of the great story tellers of the grand days of county. wink

...and now back to you David. How's it going so far?

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.