David, I would gladly answer; but I don't really pick a specific style, as is. And to say what I "pick" beyond that, it's always changing. Actually, the way I do it is probably WAY more complicated than need be. I'm not a pick a sound and just let it go for the song kind of guy.

My process is more that I pick a song or group of songs I like from an artist and write down everything I hear or see they are using. Then I go to band in a box and build as much of that as I can; generate tracks, then get rid of a few instruments and add a few others that are in the list of possibilities. This is because I can't add them all into BIAB in one go.

On a side note, as many of you do, I generate the part multiple times and export them. So, my pitches, and there have NOT been many, are pretty fleshed out. In the last 2 years, I've had 2 songs be put on hold. I've had another that is sort of an odd project (not country) that will probably get used; but more for marketing of a song that already exists.

Everything gets dragged into my DAW and I pick pieces here and there from each of those and add in my own drums about 50% of the time.

This process actually takes me a fair amount of time because I don't know off the top of my head what many of the instruments sound like. I do know the banjo options pretty well now though. lol

It's usually meshing a bunch of different instruments from a lot of different styles.

The last thing I will say is, I'm not a master of BIAB. I simply put in chords, change them until I find what I like and keep changing instruments. What FJ sent you, I'm not even sure of. If he sent it to me, I would even know completely what to do. I'm guessing I just open it in BIAB; and the parts are there and you add your chords? Sorry; I'm not better at this part of it.

For the record(pun?), I just assumed you picked that song because one of the writers on it is "Rob Snyder"...are you holding out on us?

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.