Thanks Noel,

That was a pretty cool run down and historical perspective on E Flat.

I find that certain modern popular songs I play sound different to me in different keys. I suspect that I learned the songs by coping the original artist in the original key and anything different than that just does not sound right to me.

Obviously there are slight differences in the way any certain group of notes would sound in different keys but that is not much of a big deal in equal temperament tuning.

I sometimes am ask to play something in another key to accommodate the vocalist or perhaps the horn players would prefer to play in B flat than A for example.

Not having any formal training and really only playing guitar key signature is of little issue in general. If the things gets changed from C to C# I certainly don't start thinking OMG now I have 7 sharps to deal with...lol Move the pattern up one fret and your good to go.

If I am writing an original song my main considerations are is it going to be major or minor and is it in a place on the guitar that is easy to get to and can I sing in that key. And yes I pay attention to the modes for melody construction. So...as you can see, I would most likely be barred from even driving on the same street as Juilliard is located on...lol

Thank you very much for the history lesson!!

Cheers,

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo