This is the first song I've posted in the User Showcase here at PG. It's a song I wrote in April 2018 without intending to. (Please read the description under the Youtube video at the link for the rest of the story behind this song.) This is also the first song I created an arrangement for in BiaB, which I just purchased last month. I was hoping to add a vocal track by a singer/songwriter friend from West Virginia before posting this song, but she declined my request because she didn't think she could do the song justice. So, I'm looking for another vocalist who would be willing to do that for me because I'm not a singer myself. In the meantime, I decided to share this instrumental version because I'm really pleased with the way it turned out with BiaB's arrangement and I'd like to know what others here think of it.

The style I used in BiaB is "Slow Country Ballad," and its demo was recorded at 85 bpm. My song, however has a tempo of 140 bpm, which exceeds the recommended range of 70-110. So, I was initially concerned that the increased tempo would ruin the use of this style in the arrangement, but I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it didn't. Also, I adjusted the volume and pan levels of the instruments to create a more balanced arrangement because the finger picking guitar track was barely audible compared to the other instruments.

The instruments used in this style are as follows:

RT518: Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 085 , Dow Tomlin
RealDrums: Nashville Even8^2-SideStick, HHat, Brian Fullen
RT362: Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 085 , Tony King
RT365: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085 , Jason Roller

Instead of using the midi acoustic piano for the melody in this song (which sounded cheesy), I used the piano output from MuseScore, which is the program I use for notation. I also used ActivePresenter to create the video of the song being played in MuseScore and then added the WAV file from BiaB before exporting the video to MP4. The lyrics are in the video, so I won't post them here.

The Gospel Song:

https://youtu.be/Un6N2Ph_yhE

Tom Levan (pronounced La-VAN)
BiaB 2024 Win UltraPAK Build 1109, Xtra Style PAKs 1-11, RB 2024, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Q9650 3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD & 2 TB HDD, Tracktion 6 & 7 (freebies), Cakewalk, Audacity, MuseScore 2.1 & 3.4, Synthesizer V