Originally Posted By: MarioD
For the sax are you using audio or midi? If midi what is your sound source? What comes with BiaB? Kontakt? etc.

Off the top of my head I would add fuzz and reverb to an audio sax. Use animation on the fuzz so you can control the amount and where you want to add it.

For the vocal I would use a slap back echo/delay as well as a touch of reverb.

If using midi there are patches that have what you want. For instance the VSTi "The Saxes" by Sample Modeling is one of the most realistic saxes IMO. It has a growl function that adds exactly what you want. However it is on the expensive side. Kontakt as has some good sounding saxes. I'm sure there is other software available also that sound good.

thanks for input
its live tenor sax, im a bit of a growler,flutter tonguer honker..ive been using my setup for years and its generally the sound i like, i was just looking for more ideas really. the sound i get is ok but i dont know Why, i usually have a bit of reverb and very very slight delay with a bit of top.
i was looking for some settings of a chain of fx that sax players may use for their setups...again i know it depends what gear is being used...

thanks for your input mario.

rebuilt styles,songs and real tracks.
win 10...amd a10 radeon r6 4c+6g 1.8ghz
64 bit hp envy
biab 2023 with 1004 build. styles 1 to 429 plus extras 1,2,3,4 and 6.
running as admin,cleaned up returned to factory settings.