Antho,

I like the idea of using EQ and I've done that. You can also find the drum you want in the track, then copy it to a separate track. There are also separate hits at the end of the RD files but I haven't figured out to use that yet; I can't seem to find them.

If you are willing to use midi drums, it's not hard to do. I don't know your work flow but you can start in BB or RB. I start in BB because the Notation Editor seems to work better (bigger screen and I can hear the notes as I am changing them).

Once I get the drum track close, I move the entire song to RB. I get the drums exactly the way I want them. Then I assign a drum VST to the track. I have two VST (Westwood and MT Power Drums) and each one has a mixer. I make sure I don't have EFX on the drums at this point. I solo the drum I want and then create a WAV file of the track. The WAV file has only the drum that was solo'd. I do that for each one.

This gives me a snare track, a kick track, a toms track, a cymbal track, an overhead track and a room track. That seems to
be plenty to work with.

Maybe you already knew all this but just in case you didn't.

2b

i5-3210 laptop. Win 10 Home. 2.5ghz, 64 bit. 6gb RAM. Focusrite Scarlet 2i2.