I agree with that too. Even though I'll put songs on my "list" doesn't mean I won't play them with a smile on my face. The big band will do Sally and BEG because all 40's big band gigs are dead, he changed the name to the Decades Band and might start off with String of Pearls and In The Mood but then goes into the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's. Ever heard a big band do Call Me by Blondie? It's an experience, I'll tell you. Then I go over to Catalina about 4 times a year for special events and Spencer Davis lives there. When he's healthy he's likely to just show up and sit in and of course we'll do Gimme Some Lovin and I'm a Man. I'm honored to have done those with him on two occasions. Unfortunately his health hasn't been the best, he was in the hospital over New Years and I have no idea how he's doing now. Here's a little tidbit you might find interesting. He got two nice royalty checks out of the blue last year. Why? Ariana Grande covered I'm a Man, it's a hit and he had no idea who she is. Now groups don't have to feel old doing that song, they can say here's the latest Ariana Grande tune. I listened to it, it's a straight cover pretty much like the original.

While I have my preferences as to what kind of stuff I like to play I've been an in demand keyboard player my whole life because I'll play whatever a given crowd wants to hear. Those tunes may not be on any one groups regular set list but if someone requests something of course we'll play it.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.