Hi and thanks for the help. I have checked everything suggested and everything looks ok. I'm not very computer wise and the settings are mostly very confusing to me. The whine is still there. It baffles me. Any other programme is fine and quiet, BiaB 32 and 64 opens and is quiet, any media player I open is quiet, just Realband as soon as it boots up the whine starts and as soon as I close it the whine stops. I have an Alto Live 802 mixer connected via the USB cable. It's set as Administrator, Driver is MME, latest up date done. The Win sound is set for both input and output as the "codex" for the Alto. Others are disabled. I have tried connecting the monitor speakers to the Alto main output and the monitor output and the headphone output but on all I still hear the whine on Realband. Although it irritates, I can get along anyway. I mainly just use BiaB, type in my chords and then go searching for the style I like. Fiddle with that a bit then render a MP3. It's more for my own strumming and sing-a-long at home. It's been years since I last did a gig, so I just drive the family crazy. Thanks again.