I haven't been very visible on the forum lately for a variety of reasons... but I'm on today to say that a friend from the PGMusic forum stopped by to visit yesterday as he passed through NC.

You all know him as EDDIE1261, the musician from Ohio who sometimes collaborates with ROG.

We reached out to JIM FOGLE to join us, but he already had plans for the day. He got to talk with Eddie on the phone for a while as we drove around town seeing the sights, so he was still involved in the visit.

I'm fairly introverted, and it generally takes me a while to warm up to people, but with Eddie it was like we were old friends picking up where we left off years before. Conversation flowed easily, and his dog (Scruff) got along magnificently with my daughters dog (Pippy)... so there was no down side at all.

We pretty much spent the whole day talking about BIAB, the forum, song writing, playing in bands, and old girlfriends. (mostly Eddie's)

Anyway, a note to Eddie: You and Scruff are welcome here any time! I appreciate your willingness to stop and visit!

A note to everybody else: If you ever have an opportunity to visit other forum members... go for it! You already know one another from years of daily conversation on the forum. Meeting them in person is the natural progression of friendship.

Y'all have a standing invitation at my house if any of you pass through NC on the way to somewhere else. Just let me know when you're coming, and I'll have the lights on.

I had intended to take a selfie with me and Eddie, but never got around to it. Eddie took a few of himself and Scruff from one of the lookouts on Pilot Mountain... maybe he'll post it later in this thread.

His visit did a pretty good job of reminding me about the user showcase, so hopefully I'll spend more time there in the future listening and commenting on the songs